Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Speyer and Sinsheim - cars and trains

Speyer and Sinsheim both have somewhat eclectic mixtures of cars, machinery, tractors, trains, plains, tanks, artillery etc. So I have created three posts, one essentially for non military subjects and a third for ships.

Please enjoy!



Sinsheim has a large collection of fire engines!

And whole trains (engines).

Hundreds of motorbikes - reminiscent of the Retro Museum in Moscow.

This remarkable 4x4 vehicle was developed by the Germans during WW2. I don't know if anyone has followed up on the technology since, but this vehicle looks impressive.

This looks like the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car.

The De Lorean was a marketing disaster of epic proportions but still looks cool today.








I believe this is a Bugatti Royale.

D-type Jaguar

The Mercedes Benz 600 Grosser was a huge tank of a limousine built in the 1970s. It had a huge 6.3 litre donk and was the epitome of European luxury.

These shots are for my Dad, who started me off on my lifetime fascination with technology in the 1960s and out train set (which he still has somewhere).


The big 6 wheeled armoured Merc  incorporated mine protection, bullet proof class, armoured sides but as the caption drily notes, was of limited utility given its use as a convertible. The last one of these traded sold for a reputed US$10 million. It is believed that this car is the one, displayed "as a result of a very generous patron". 

Another big armoured Merc but not the 6 wheel version.

Another Grosser. I never thought in my whole life I would see one, let alone two of these magnificent cars.



No comments:

Post a Comment